The 13th European Farming Systems Symposium (IFSA – European Group) was hosted by the University of Athens and held in Chania (Crete, Greece) from 1st to 5th of July 2018. With the overall title of “Farming systems: facing uncertainties and enhancing opportunities” the conference was structured in five thematic blocks:
- Theme 1: Learning and knowledge systems, education, extension and advisory services
- Theme 2: Agroecology and new farming arrangements
- Theme 3: Integrating science, technology, policy and practice
- Theme 4: Smart technologies in farming and food systems
- Theme 5: Sustainable agrifood systems, value chains and power structures
Agridemo partners actively participated at the conference presenting some works and leading some panels related to the Theme 1 of the programme. Thus, within the framework of the following three sessions, the peer to peer learning processes within farmers (framework, enabling conditions, etc) and some results of project were presented and discussed.
- Session 1.13 Paper session: On-farm demonstrations: developing effective peer to peer learning processes.
- Session 1.14 Panel session: European inventories of demonstration activities
- Session 1.8 Education and training of farmers and advisors. Skills and competences: Agronomic education for sustainable development – FarmDemo: Valorize expertise through a joint ‘visionary framework’ for two H2020 projects.
Following the participation at the IFSA, the partners or Agridemo extended the stay in Chania, so as to celebrate the 4th General Meeting of the project, held during 5th and 6th of July.